This is my second nomination that came from Jess over at The Never Ending Bookshelf. Sorry it took a while to get around to it, but we’re here now!
Here is how the Liebster Blog Award works for those who do not know-
- The nominated blogger must post 10 facts about themselves.
- They must then answer 10 questions from the blogger who nominated them.
- Then nominate 10 bloggers and give them 10 questions to answer.
- Link to your 10 bloggers in your blog post.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
- Don’t nominate the blogger who nominated you.
10 Facts About myself
1. I have Central Heterochromia which is where there are two colours in the iris of your eye, to steal the technical definition “the central zone of the iris is a different colour than the mid-peripheral zone”
2. My first concert was Crowded House
3. I am currently studying to become a librarian
4. I have wanted to be a writer since I was 11 years old
5. My favourite superhero is Batman
6. I am a Star Wars fan, not so much Star Trek, but I am not against it
7. I love trivia and random facts about things
8. My favourite Disney film is The Lion King, followed by Fantasia
9. I always try and make shapes and objects from cloud formations
10. I enjoy taking photos of everything and every one
Questions from Jess
1. What made you want to start blogging?
I wrote a lot of reviews on Goodreads and I wanted to be able to share my love (or dislike) of a book with a wider audience who might not be on Goodreads. I had always liked the idea but thought it was too hard but when I realised it was rather simple I dove right in.
2. If you could ask an author anything what would it be (and to whom)?
I would possibly ask why they started to write, not necessarily why they wrote what they did, but what started their journey. Based on that I could probably ask any author I love really but we’ll say John Marsden.
3. Do you get attached to fictional characters? And if so, what draws you to them?
Absolutely, I even get disappointed in them when they start doing things I don’t think they should be doing. Sometimes they appeal to me simply because of a quirk they have, but sometimes it is also a philosophy they carry around that makes you admire them to begin with, then you become attached to everything about them.
4. Apart from good writing, what qualities make up a great read/book to you?
Not being afraid to show what needs to be shown or told; also giving the reader credit to understand for themselves meaning or intention, or even simple to connect the dots plot wise.
5. What book do you wish you had written yourself?
I wish I had written a lot, but what Jasper Fforde has done with The Eyre Affair (and the Thursday Next series) I think is spectacular and would claim credit for in a heartbeat.
6. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be? (It can be as outlandish as you dare)
Zookeeper, specifically for the lions, that was I could just stand there and stare at them all day in bliss, occasionally doing work when I am being watched.
7. If you could live any fictional character’s life for a day who would it be and where would you go?
Lyra Silvertongue’s from Northern Lights. I wanted a daemon so badly when I was growing up, it sounded amazing.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you choose?
I would go to Scotland.
9. Do you prefer short stories or novels?
I don’t really have a preference, a good short story can do a lot to you, but I suppose you get longer satisfaction from a novel if you want deep story or full characters.
10. Do you read more ebooks or paperbacks? Do you have a preference?
I read more paperbacks, but I have read a couple, actually I think only two, as ebooks. I would say I have a paperback preference if given the choice but if necessary I am perfectly fine with an ebook.
To carry on the tradition! (I know it isn’t 10 I’m sorry!)
Here are their questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
3. What do you think is the worst book to movie adaptation?
4. Have you met you author hero? (if you have one, and ifthey are still alive, that helps)
5. What is your favourite fairy tale?
6. What book can you read again and again?
7. If you had one book to recommend to someone, what would it be?
8. What era would you like to have lived in other than this and why?
9. What animal would you be if you could be anything and why?
10. What is your hobby other than blogging?
Good luck and have fun if you choose to take up this challenge. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and as always, read something spectacular.